Blue Ribbon Schools
From the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Posted on September 29, 2016
Nine schools from Ohio were named National Blue Ribbon Schools this year, including four from Northeast Ohio.
The award, given by the Department of Education, recognizes both schools who achieve high-achieving academic standards and those that closed achievement gaps among students. This is determined through individual test scores, student subgroup test scores and graduation rates.
The awards went to 279 public and 50 private schools across the country this year.
The following Northeast Ohio schools received recognition this year:
- Leighton Elementary School, Aurora City School District.
- St. Edward High School, a private, all-male, school in Lakewood.
- Grace L. Roxbury Elementary School, Solon City Schools
- Samuel Bissell Elementary School, Twinsburg City School District
The other five schools recognized in the state are:
- Worthington Christian Elementary School, a private school in Columbus
- Madeira Middle School, Madeira City Schools in Milford, near Cincinnati
- William Mason High School, Mason City School District in Mason, near Cincinnati
- Scioto Ridge Elementary School, Olentangy Local School District in Powell, near Columbus
- Summit Road Elementary School, Reynoldsburg City Schools in Reynoldsburg near Columbus