Incoming freshman and sophomores are encouraged to apply; however, preference is given to juniors and seniors in the Urban Health Partnership.
Cleveland State University has a long history of preparing outstanding students for a career in medicine, dentistry, veterinarian studies, and other medical fields. This state-funded scholarship program is designed to attract and retain the best and the brightest students in these areas.
The program will award scholarships in the amount of $1,500 to $5,200 per year to students involved in pre-professional studies, especially those students who choose to dedicate themselves to urban health. Although the program cannot guarantee acceptance into a pre-professional program for an advanced degree, components of the program are designed to maximize your chances.
Who Can Apply?
- Cleveland State University student, enrolled Fall 2014 (anticipated)
- Ohio resident
- Pre-professional student actively earning an undergraduate degree. (Note that “pre-professional” is not itself a major, but usually a designed track within a degree program.)
- Preference will be given to students admitted to the NEOMED-CSU Partnership for Urban Health.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Commitment to Choose Ohio First program requirements
- Current FAFSA on file with Financial Aid
What are the Program Requirements?
- Monthly Brown Bag Lunch Series—a lunch-time opportunity to get together with the entire student cohort and participate in activities or hear speakers with topics of interest.
- Journal Club—a monthly gathering to discuss emerging research focused on evidence-based practice in urban primary care.
- Career Guidance/Advice—regular interactions with career counselors to explore your future in or out of medicine.
- Mentoring Program—interactions with secondary and early-matriculation students who are also interested in the medical professions.
- Other programs as they are developed to enhance your success.
How do I apply?
- Application form will be available June 2014.
- Include copy of transcripts to date (unofficial is OK!)
- DEADLINE: August 1
- Submit to Dr. David W. Ball, Department of Chemistry, CSU, Room SR 397.
- For more information, call 216-687-2451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.