The Choose Ohio First scholarship program is designed to attract and graduate STEMM Education students. The program provides renewable scholarships of up to $5,200 per year for qualified students pursuing degrees in STEM education fields.
Upon graduation, you can earn an Ohio license to teach in your chosen area. Mathematics and science teachers are among the most sought after teachers. Scholarship recipients will be engaged in teaching experiences and professional learning communities that will support their classroom experiences.
Who Can Apply?
- Current Science and Mathematics Teachers
- Current CSU Math and Science Majors
- Pre-Service Teachers: Middle School (4th-9th grade) or Adolescent/Young Adult (Secondary)
- Graduate Initial Licensure Program Master of Urban Secondary Teaching Program (MUST)
What are the Program Requirements?
- Enroll in a degree program as a part-time or full-time student in the College of Education and Human Services leading to licensure in grades 4-9 mathematics and/or science education.
- Remain in good academic standing with a GPA of at least 2.5
- Participate in Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program's social and mentoring activities, including a required 10-hour per semester tutoring commitment. The scholarship amount will be re-evaluated every year based on the student's financial need, licensure area, credit hours enrolled, and fulfillment of requirements.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Have a current FAFSA on file with Financial Aid. Award cannot exceed amount due for the semester based on enrolled credit hours and joined with other scholarships and financial aid.
How do I apply?
For more information:
- Download the scholarship packet and application
- Visit the CSUTeach website
- Call 216-687-4666
- Email email@example.com