Ohio Means Jobs and Ohio Means Internships: The 2012 STEMM Scholarship Showcase at COSI was a huge success! The Ohio Board of Regents recognized all Choose Ohio First Scholarship recipients.
This program, funded by the Ohio Board of Regents, is a collaboration among the Fenn College of Engineering, the College of Sciences and Health Professions and partner institutions Baldwin Wallace University and Ursuline College.
Engineering Across the Pipeline focuses on increasing the number of engineering professionals in Northeast Ohio by providing a career pathway to students who already have shown an interest and ability in physics, biology, chemistry and mathematics at the undergraduate level.
The program provides qualified students with early and convenient access to Engineering Master’s degree programs. It facilitates the transition from Sciences, Mathematics and Undergraduate Engineering programs into Graduate programs in Engineering disciplines by coordinating undergraduate curricula.
Engineering Across the Pipeline an important initiative that links the CSU engineering college and local liberal arts institutions in harmony with the STEMM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine - priorities strongly endorsed by the Ohio Board of Regents.
Who can apply?
- Cleveland State University, Baldwin-Wallace or Ursuline College student enrolled Fall 2012
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident, Ohio resident
- Junior or Senior undergraduate student, graduate student or post baccalaureate student
- STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine) major applying, or intending to apply, to a graduate program in engineering at Cleveland State University.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Graduate students with a GPA lower than 3.0 should submit results from a recent [not older than 2 years] Graduate Records Examination (GRE, www.gre.org ) to be eligible.
- Commitment to Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program requirements
- Current FAFSA on file with Financial Aid
- Students on full scholarships are NOT eligible.
How do I apply?
- Complete an application form
- Include copy of transcripts to date (unofficial is OK!)
- Include a one-page essay describing how your past achievements, present study plans and future goals fit within the Choose Ohio First Program.
- DEADLINE: April 30
- Submit to Dr. Jorge E. Gatica, Fenn College of Engineering, CSU, Stillwell Hall Room 104 or email email@example.com
For more information, contact Dr. Jorge E. Gatica
Ohio Means Jobs and Ohio Means Internships
Ohio Means Jobs has announced a phone application that will give Ohioans access to tens of thousands of job openings and allow users to search, save and even apply for jobs from their iPhone, iPad or Android.
Ohio Means Internships has also been launched. The Ohio Means Internships website will promote awareness of Ohio higher education internship opportunities and will provide information useful during students’ educational planning.