This state-funded scholarship program unites Cleveland State University, Baldwin-Wallace College, Case Western Reserve University, and Cuyahoga Community College. Working with key stakeholders in industry—BioEnterprise, The Cleveland Clinic and JumpStart—partners will share best practices, cross market existing programs and develop new joint initiatives to build a community of learning across institutions. Each educational institution will award scholarships (between $1500 and $4,700 per year) to students in bioscience or healthcare who are interested in science entrepreneurship. Students in the bioscience and healthcare related fields are encouraged to consider careers in high-tech, biotech, and healthcare based start-up companies.
Who can apply?
- Be a Cleveland State University student, enrolled Fall 2015
- Be an Ohio resident
- Be a college junior, senior, master student or post baccalaureate student
- Be a College of Science and Health Professions or College of Engineering Major in a health or bioscience related field such as chemistry, biology, health science, biomedical engineering, biomedical physics, etc.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Be committed to the Choose Ohio First program requirements
Note: Students on full scholarships are not eligible.
What are the program requirements?
Choose Ohio First Scholars will be required to engage in three activities during the award period:
- Research Experience—an independent research project in the laboratory
- Internship/Co-op Experience—an immersion experience in industry or a working laboratory
- Entrepreneurial Experience—mentoring by local science entrepreneurs, bioscience business incubators, or start-up companies
How do I apply?
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Nolan Holland
Chemical & Biomedical Engineering