Sophomores and Juniors are eligible to apply but preference is given to Seniors in the BSN program.
Advancing Excellence in Nursing Professionals
The undergraduate curriculum is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). There is a nationwide shortage of RNs, especially those prepared at baccalaureate and higher levels. CSU BSN graduates are helping to meet this critical need in Ohio.
Choose Ohio First is an initiative focused on creating a more competitive economy and stronger workforce in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM fields) in Ohio. Choose Ohio First provides scholarships to students pursuing a career in these fields. Awards range from $1,500 - $5,200 per academic year and must be renewed each year. The School of Nursing is pleased to have received COF funds to support the preparation of professional nurses. Please visit the Ohio Board of Regents' website for more information about the Choose Ohio First Program at https://www.ohiohighered.org/chooseohio1st.
Who can apply?
- Cleveland State University student, enrolled Fall 2015 (anticipated)
- Student must be admitted into a pre-licensure Nursing program at Cleveland State University
- Ohio resident
- Grade point average of 3.3 or higher
- Commitment to the Choose Ohio First program requirements
- Students must be enrolled in all required Nursing courses
- Current FAFSA on file with Financial Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov)
- Students on full scholarships are NOT eligible
What are the program requirements?
- Provide ten (10) hours of service to the School of Nursing each semester during which an COF award is received
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA each semester
- Participate in mentoring/lecture sessions in the School of Nursing that provide opportunities to discuss pertinent issues with colleagues as well as hear professional presentations by nursing experts.
How do I apply?
- Click here to download an application
- Include a one-page essay describing how your past achievements, present study plans and future goals fit within Choose Ohio First
- Submit a copy of your transcripts (unofficial transcripts may be used)
- Deadline for application submission is April 30
- All information should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must read “Choose Ohio First Application”)