The Preschool classroom serves children ranging in age from 3-4 years old.
The Pre-Kindergarten classroom serves 4 and 5 year children that have not
yet entered kindergarten. The preschool and pre-kindergarten classrooms
serve 18 children and follow a 1:9 staff-to-child ratio.
What You Can Expect from the Preschool Program:
- trusting relationship with each child
- respect for each child's ideas and efforts to solve problems
- children learn to express feelings and resolve conflicts in constructive ways
- play materials that support and challenge children's abilities
- observation and documentation children’s development in order to plan for each child and the group
- appreciating cultural, family, and individual differences
- taking advantage of every opportunity to build a foundation for lifelong learning
- support for dual language learners
- inclusion of children with special needs in all aspects of the program
- children have choices, are able to investigate, and have curriculum designed around their interests
- partnerships with families