The Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University
The Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University is pleased to announce a Call for Proposals for the 2014 and 2015 calendar years made possible through generous funding from Chinese Language Council International.
The Confucius Institute gives funding preference to proposals that meet the following criteria:
- promote and improve public understanding of Chinese culture, business, and language;
- encourage Chinese language adoption for business and commerce to the local community and foster greater understanding of and interaction with Chinese business culture;
- are high-impact/high-visibility and capable of attracting significant audiences;
- involve collaboration with other Confucius Institutes;
- connect Chinese specialists to non-specialists in relevant fields across campus and throughout the community, and;
- already have, or are likely to generate, 50% matching funds.
All eligible programs, faculty, and departments are strongly encouraged to apply.
An information session for this call for proposals will be held on Wednesday, September 25th at noon in JH 290. Lunch will be provided. Please RSVP by Monday, September 23rd for the information session with Ms. Janine Handlovic, the Confucius Institutes Administrative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The call for proposals and application guidelines can be found HERE.
A PDF form of the proposal application may be found HERE.
For more information regarding this call for proposals, contact Dr. Haigang Zhou, Director of the Confucius Institute at email@example.com.
About the Confucius Institute at Cleveland State University
The Confucius Institute at CSU was established in August 2008 and is a partnership between Cleveland State University, the Office of Chinese Language Council International (the “Hanban”), and Beijing’s Capital University of Economics and Business.
The mission of the Confucius Institute at CSU is to enhance understanding of Chinese language, culture, and business and to promote Chinese language learning for business and commerce to the local community. The Confucius Institute at CSU also serves as a bridge connecting Cleveland State University and the local business community to Chinese institutions and organizations for academic and business purposes.