Respondus Monitor™ is a companion product for LockDown Browser that enables institutions to protect the integrity of non-proctored, online exams.
Students use their own computer and a webcam to record assessment sessions, all without leaving the institution's learning management system.
How It Works
- Students start LockDown Browser, log into Blackboard and complete a brief startup sequence prior to the exam
- The student and the surrounding environment are recorded during the entire exam
- Instructors can quickly review details of the assessment, and even watch the recorded video
Why It Works
- Cheating is deterred with a low-hassle, easy-to-use system
- Students appreciate a level playing field and the ability to take exams anytime
- Administrators ensure student identity and exam integrity in distance learning environments
Getting Started With LockDown Browser/Monitor
- Respondus LockDown Browser/Monitor Quick Start Guide
- Information for Your Students (Word document) - This Word document can be customized to your course and should be placed in your course in an area where students will see it prior to using it for the first time. Recommended areas: Course Information, Syllabus, or the Learning Module where you will be requiring use. Remind the students to review this documentation prior to using the products. Also, it is a good idea to set up a practice quiz prior to the exam where you are requiring LockDown Browser and/or Monitor, to give the students the opportunity to use the technology.