What assessment do I need to pass Checkpoint 2, 3 & 4?
Portfolio Checkpoint Assessment – Checkpoint 2
At a point near the end of your Checkpoint 2 course, you will submit your Working Portfolio to your instructor for Checkpoint 2 Assessment. The instructor will review your portfolio to assess whether you have satisfactorily met the following Checkpoint 2 criteria and are eligible to take Practicum or other Checkpoint 3 course (also see Appendix B on page 24):
- The Working Portfolio is well organized (e.g., it includes all required sections)
- The Working Portfolio includes an appropriate and adquate number of required and/or optional artifacts for each of the 12 college outcomes
- The Working Portfolio includes a REFLECTION COVER SHEET for each artifact
- The Working Portfolio includes an ARTIFACT RUBRIC ASSESSMENT sheet for each required artifact
- The Working Portfolio includes an updated Standard Summary Sheet
Portfolio Checkpoint Assessment – Checkpoint 3 and 4
Toward the end of your Checkpoint 3 or 4 course or field experience, you will submit your Professional Portfolio for checkpoint assessment. Using the Checkpoint 3-4 Rubric (see Appendix E on page 41), the checkpoint assessor will review all of the artifacts, reflections, and rubric assessments filed under each of the 12 program standards. The assessor will then make a judgment as to whether the “evidence” demonstrates that you are at the unacceptable, emerging, proficient, or exemplary level for each of the 12 program standards. To be successful in Checkpoint 3 and be eligible for student teaching, you must meet the following criteria (also see Appendix B on page 24):
- All 12 outcomes must be assessed as Emerging or better
- At least 8 outcomes must be assessed as Proficient or Exemplary
- The Proficient or Exemplary outcomes must include Outcome 2 – Social Foundations, Outcome 3 – Knowledge of Subject Matter and Inquiry, Outcome 4—Knowledge of Development and Learning, Outcome 8—Instructional Strategies, and Outcome 10—Technology.
To be successful in Checkpoint 4 and be eligible for your teaching license, you must meet the following criteria:
- All 12 program standards must be assessed as Proficient or better.
Standard Summary Sheet
In the ePortfolio system, the sheet is automatically maintained for you and will be accessible by you and the individual doing a Checkpoint Assessment of your ePortfolio. The Standard Summary Sheet keeps track of the results of all assessments of your required artifacts.