Proof of a negative TB test is required prior to the start of your Practicum (or at the time you apply for Student Teaching for Visual Arts, Music, and Physical Education students). This statement of results must be turned in to your Practicum Supervisor during your first meeting together (or accompany your student teaching application for Visual Arts, Music, and Physical Education students).
You may go to your own doctor, or you may contact the Health Services Department on the 5th Floor of Fenn Tower at 216.687.3649. If you go to your own doctor, make sure your doctor administers the Mantoux T.B. test and that you get a signed statement of results from him or her. If you use the Health Services Department, these guidelines must be followed:
- You must be a registered CSU student.
- An appointment must be scheduled.
- Tests are only done on MONDAY, TUESDAY, and WEDNESDAY; students must return to the Health Services 48 hours later for the results to be read. (e.g., if the test is administered on Monday, the student must come back on Wednesday).
- There is a $9.00 fee for each test given.
- The bottom of this sheet should be completed by the Health Services, and the entire form should be submitted to your Practicum Supervisor (or accompany your student teaching application for Visual Arts, Music, and Physical Education students).