College Advising Office (ESSC)
Admission Requirements for Graduate Students
- $30 Application Fee.
- One copy of transcripts from all institutions where you obtained a 4 year degree or higher. If your degree was from CSU, the Admissions Office will obtain your CSU transcript for you.
- One of the following:
- An undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or higher for a degree earned in the past 6 years.
- An undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 or higher for a degree earned more than 6 years ago.
- A score of at the 50th percentile on the Miller Analogies Test, or a combined raw score of 1000 on the Verbal and Quantitative sections of Graduate Record
- Completion of twelve (12) semester hours of graduate credit in your program area (including EDB 601 or HPR 601) with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above and a grade of B- or better in EDB 601 or HPR 601. (To satisfy this requirement, apply for admission as a Graduate Non-Degree student.)
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A score report for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). GRE & MAT information is available at the CSU Testing Center.
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better.
- Meet the current score requirements on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - 525 (Paper Based Exam), 197 (Computer Based Exam), or 65 Internet Based Exam (with minimum of 14 in sections). Only official test scores received directly from the testing authority (ETS) will be considered valid.
- Pass the IELTS test (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum score of 6.0.
- Pass the iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency) with a score of 5.0.
- Achieve a score of C (Pass) or better on the 'O' (ordinary) Level or 'A' (advanced) Level of the General Certificate of Education. Scores must be no more than 2 years old.
- Achieve a score of C (Pass) or better on the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE).
- Completion of English language studies (Level 112) from any of the ELS Language Centers (www.els.com).
- Completion of coursework, at a 'C' level or better, equivalent to the CSU freshman English requirements at a regionally accredited college or university.
Apply at the CSU Admissions Website
Advising (ESSC) Home
Scholarships & Assistantships
Practicum / Student Teaching
Licensure Tests & Applications
Meet our Academic Advisors
Essc Useful Links & Forms
College Useful Linkss
College Useful Links
Cleveland State University
Julka Hall 170
2121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
Julka Hall 170
2485 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland , OH 44115