For Undergraduates and Post-Baccalaureate Students
All students are required to complete a graduation application well in advance of their projected graduation date. This lead time is needed to process applications, validate completion of requirements, and advise students of any deficiencies. Graduation Applications are available in the Education Advising Office, JH 170.
- View graduation application deadlines
- Undergraduate students must meet with an Academic Advisor in the Education Advising Office when preparing their Graduation Application.
- Post-Baccalaureate students do not receive degrees and do not need to apply for graduation.
- Graduate students must have degree-seeking status to file for graduation.
Additional Graduation Information
Additional information about graduation is available at the CSU Graduation Office’s website.
Questions about the application process and graduation can be answered at the Graduation Office at 216.687.3870.
You must submit a Graduation Application well in advance of your anticipated graduation date so that your application can be processed, and you can be advised of any deficiencies:
View the graduation deadlines at the CSU Graduation Procedures website.
Graduation Applications are available in University Center, Room 400. There is a $25 application fee. If you have questions about the application process, contact the Graduation Office at 216.687.3870.Culminating Experience
Master's degree students must pass a comprehensive examination or successfully complete a master's thesis or project. You should work with your faculty advisor on your selected option.
The comprehensive exam is given each semester, including Summer. Please see dates on our homepage.
To be eligible to take the comprehensive exam:
- You must have an approved Program of Study
- You must have submitted a Graduation Application
- You must be registered for one or more graduate credits during the semester of the exam
If you have completed all course work, and you are not registered for other courses, you can register for one of the appropriate one credit hour courses for the semester of your exam:
- EDB 691 Curriculum and Foundation, CASAL
- EST 691 Teacher Education
- HPR 691 Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
If you wish to take your comprehensive exam earlier than your anticipated graduation date, this must be indicated directly on the Graduation Application itself. You must, however, be registered for both semesters.