Health and Human Performance (HHP)
Fitness for Life
The Cleveland State University Employee Fitness for Life Program is designed to promote health awareness and help CSU Employees learn and integrate healthy living practices into their everyday lives. Those who participate in the Fitness for Life program will earn VikeHealth Exercise Health Credits for completing and submitting their Fitness for Life exercise cards as well as 200 points for attending 4 or more Fitness for Life classes per VikeHealth cycle.
New Fitness for Life participants receive:
- Two sub-maximal graded exercise (stress) tests, with accompanying measures of body composition, flexibility, muscular strength, lung capacity, as well as a health risk appraisal.
- A baseline in the fall prior to beginning the exercise to assess level of fitness and set exercise guidelines.
- A follow-up in the spring to help measure improvement in fitness level.
Returning Fitness for Life participants receive:
- One sub maximal graded exercise (stress) test in the spring with accompanying measures of body composition, flexibility, muscular strength, lung capacity, and a health risk appraisal.
- One laboratory blood analysis, one in the spring for glucose and lipids.
- Supervised exercise sessions arranged upon request.
- Monthly classroom sessions on important fitness and wellness topics.
- An informative monthly newsletter and access to online Blackboard course site
We now have a more convenient online registration system for the Fitness for Life program! You will need to set up a personal profile in the new system with a password, and a confirmation will be sent to you via email after you register. Please make sure you enter your email correctly, and bookmark the link to the page for future reference!
Please click here to register in the Fitness for Life program and select the "Health and Wellness" category!
In addition to registering online, you still need to fax, email or mail your
Staff Development form as payment!
- Complete a Staff Development formand fax the form to Noelle Muscatello at ext. 3556, via Campus Mail to JH 239, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete a medical questionnaire (provided to you after your testing is scheduled). This must be completed annually by all participants.
- Sign an informed consent statement (provided to you after your testing is scheduled) prior to participation in any aspect of the program
- Submit proof of a medical examination by your personal physician
A medical exam is required for all new members over age 35, and for returning members as follows:
- every three years for those under 50 years of age
- every two years for those 50 - 59 years of age
- every year for those over 59 years of age
Both new and returning participants should attend the Fitness for Life orientation session each fall to submit health and medical forms and review health risk assessment and medical examination requirements.
| Fitness for Life
|Staff Development Form||Exercise card||Medical Form|
Cleveland State University
College of Education and Human Services
Health and Human Performance
2121 Euclid Avenue
Julka Hall 164
Cleveland, OH 44115
2485 Euclid Avenue
Julka Hall 164