Greater Cleveland Educational Development Center (GCEDC)
The Greater Cleveland Educational Development Center’s mission is to develop highly qualified teachers and administrators. The GCEDC is celebrating 25 years of service to the Northeast Ohio learning communities.
The Greater Cleveland Educational Development Center is a partnership of Northeast Ohio school districts and the College of Education and Human Services at Cleveland State University. The Center provides professional learning opportunities, leadership, resources, information, networking, and collaborative opportunities that strengthen each member’s learning community. The Center is driven to produce timely and relevant professional learning development programs and service. As an organization we value responsiveness, customer service, and relationships. The goals of the GCEDC focus on meeting the needs of our member districts. We strive to:
- Identify professional development needs and implement high quality professional learning programs
- Provide personalized service to individual buildings and schools districts
- Facilitate networks as a response to the changing demands of our work in teaching, learning, and leading
- and Provide leadership and seek resolution to educational issues in response to state and federal mandates.
The GCEDC offers a variety of services to our member districts, including:
- District/Building representation at monthly Liaison Board meetings.
- Professional development programs at a member rate.
- Video and print resources and materials to assist districts with professional learning activities.
- Consultation in planning district in-service professional development activities.
- CSU graduate credit for workshops and district in-service programs at tuition reduction
- External evaluation and needs assessment services.
- Access to Cleveland State University support for data analysis.
- Timely information on professional development areas.
- Quarterly newsletter.
- Calendar of upcoming professional development events.
- Customized professional development, transition planning for the Small Schools Initiative, Standards-Based Education, Curriculum Mapping, Principle-Centered Leadership, Transformational Leadership, Consensus Building, Change Process simulations, Classroom Management, Aggression Management, and meeting facilitation.
- Networks: Support Team for Testing, Assessment and Statistics (STATS); Literacy, High School Transformation, Advanced Placement, and Technology (new 08-09).
Greater Cleveland Educational
Cleveland State University
2121 Euclid Ave RW 238
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214
Rhodes West, Room 238
1860 E. 22nd Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
Esther P. Dean