School Counseling Program
The School Counseling program is a CACREP approved 48 semester-hour program that leads to licensure in the state of Ohio as a school counselor.In addition to successful completion of all program coursework, candidates for the School Counselor license must pass the Ohio Assessments for Educators School Counselor Exam (OAE-40). Note: As of January, 2003, a teaching credential is no longer required to apply for the license.
To plan your school counseling program, please click on any link below for the School Counseling Program located here. If you need a program of study, it is located under Program Requirements under the Menu
- How to Apply
- Master Schedule
- Regular Course Sequence
- Accelerated Course Sequence
- Praticum Requirements
- Internship Requirements
- Program of Study
- School and Clinical Mental Health Counseling Handbook
- Ohio School Counselor Assessment Registry page
SCHOOL COUNSELING PROGRAM CACREP VITAL STATISTICS
- The number of Program graduates from the past year is 15.
- The Program completion rate is 95%.
- The licensure or certification examination pass rate is 100% on first attempt.
- The job placement rate 59%