IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT
DIVISION OF CONTINUING EDUCATION
The Division of Continuing Education will be closing,
effective July 1, 2011. The decision has been made by
Cleveland State to move to a decentralized approach to
continuing education. We are still offering programs
through May 2011—check out our
A number of professional development programs and certificates will be continued by various academic units. Transition planning is still underway, but plans to date include the following:
• English as a Second Language, including the Intensive English Language Program, will be continued under the leadership of the College of Education and Human Services.
• The Center for Emergency Preparedness will continue under the leadership of the Maxine Levin College of Urban Affairs.
• Selected Business/Management and Computer/IT programs will be continued by the Nance College of Business.
• The Training and Development Certificate Program will be continued by the College of Education and Human Services.
• The Nursing Refresher Course and the Patient Advocacy Certificate Program will be continued by the School of Nursing. Possibly some other Nursing CE courses will be offered as well.
• Courses for social workers will be offered by the School of Social Work.
• Courses for counselors, psychologists, and nursing home administrators may be continued, but plans are uncertain. Test Prep (GRE, GMAT, and LSAT) courses may also be continued.
Online courses offered in conjunction with Education2Go
and LERN (UGotClass) will not be continued, nor will the
Landscape Horticulture Certificate Program.
Certificate programs should be completed during this semester. Please contact our office at (216) 687-2144 with any issues or questions regarding this transition. Our website (www.csuohio.edu/ce) will have updated information and program links as available.
THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US TO SERVE YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CUSTOM TRAINING NEEDS!
|Customized Training||Bring a course in-house or ask us to create an employee development program custom-designed for your organization.|
|Professional Certificate Programs||Earn a certificate in one of our Professional Certificate Programs. Visit this page to find the entire list!|
|Business & Management||Management Skills, Continuous Improvement, Business Analysis & Project Management, Team Building, Communications, Professional Effectiveness, Courses for Learning Professionals, Train the Trainer, Customer Service and Sustainability.|
|Computers & Information Technology||Computer User Skills, Data Analysis & Reporting, Visual Design, IT Management & Strategy, Desktop Publishing, Graphic Design, Programming Languages, Microsoft Office, Microsoft .NET Development, Networking & Security, and Web Design & Development.|
|Center for Emergency Preparedness & HAZMAT||Hazardous Materials Training, COOP and Compliance and Workplace Safety|
|Engineering & Construction||Keep your professional licensure up to date or acquire new skills to compliment your current resume.|
|English as a Second Language (ESL)||Study English intensively or part-time. Check out the IELP. We can also bring ESL to your workplace.|
|Arts & Languages||Spanish Conversation I, French Conversation I, ESL Pronunciation, Illustrator, ESL for Healthcare Professionals, Workplace ESL, Digital Photography, PhotoShop and more.|
|Nursing, Health and Human Services||Seminars and Workshops for Nurses, Social Workers, Counselors, Psychologists, Nursing Home Administrators, Dieticians and others.|
|Online Courses||Learn from the convenience of your home or office. Choose from dozens of web-based career training and professional development courses.|
|Test Preparation||Do your best on the GMAT, GRE, or LSAT tests through our four-Saturday prep courses.|
|Conference and Facility Management||From business meetings to conferences and trade shows, our experienced staff is ready to make your event a hit.|
|East Center Classes||Our Solon campus provides a sophisticated, convenient learning environment.|
|West Center Classes||The Westlake Center offers a wide variety of classes, in a wonderful environment and convenient location.|