Student Employment at Cleveland State University refers to temporary, part-time, on-campus positions available to registered, degree-seeking students. These positions are paid hourly and are considered “at-will” employment.
Research shows that students who work on-campus:
- enjoy greater academic success,
- are more connected to the University,
- develop relationships with members of the University community who can help them deal with a variety of questions and concerns,
- have employers who support their educational endeavors and coordinate work schedules with academic schedules.
Every student position can be beneficial even if it is not significantly related to a field of study. Student positions help our students gain a better understanding of the dynamics of the working world and help them develop many of these essential job skills:
- computer skills
- communication skills
- customer service skills
- writing skills
- interpersonal skills
- professional maturity
- problem solving skills
- decision making skills
- team member skills
- personal responsibility
Working on campus can also be helpful for funding a student’s schooling by reducing reliance on loans. The money earned in an on-campus student employment job can be used to pay for tuition, books, food, living expenses---anything a student needs.
For information on student employment at CSU, please view the Student Employment Handbook below.
Student Employment Forms:
- Student Employee Handbook
- Supervisor Handbook
- Departmental Designee Handbook
- Hiring Forms
- Various Forms