Frequently Asked Questions

What does it mean to be a partnership student?

A partnership student intends to finish his/her associate's degree while purposefully preparing to complete a bachelor's degree at Cleveland State University.

Who is eligible for the partnership?

Students who can answer "yes" to the statements below are eligible to participate in the Cleveland State University Partnership at Lakeland:

  • I am intending to complete (or have completed) an associate's degree.
  • I am intending to complete my first bachelor's degree through Cleveland State University.
  • I have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (including transcripts from all schools attended).

If you are unsure about your eligibility or have a question, contact Katie Collins at (216) 875-9740 or

How do I apply to the partnership program?

You can apply to Cleveland State online or by downloading the undergraduate admission application. Partnership students ALSO need to download the Partnership Application Supplement Form.

In addition to the admission application and supplement form, you must also submit a copy of official transcripts for all colleges and universities attended.

Application materials may be submitted to the CSU Partnership Office in Holden University Center, 111 or mailed to:

Cleveland State University
Admission Processing Center, MC 116
2121 Euclid Ave. Cleveland, OH 44115

How can I contact the CSU Partnership Office?

The CSU Partnership Staff can be reached at (440) 525-7471 or email The voicemail and email are checked consistently throughout the week and messages will be returned promptly.

If I’m enrolled in one of the partnership programs, can I attend classes at both the community college and Cleveland State at the SAME time?

Each partnership program is unique and allows students to complete classes in a variety of ways. Students are encouraged to meet with a CSU advisor to discuss the best options for their program. Students are able to complete the following course work through each school:

  • Lakeland: Associate degree requirements, CSU general education requirements, and additional pre-requisite course work.
  • Cleveland State: upper-division course work and major requirements

For more information please see the partnership program sheets. Please note that financial aid can only be awarded by one school each term.

As a partnership student, how do I register for classes?

You must be an admitted CSU student to register for classes. Registration for both schools is online and requires a username and password. Use the links below to view and schedule classes.

How will my tuition account be calculated?

If you are a Cleveland State partnership student enrolled in both CSU courses and partnership school courses, then you will have two separate tuition bills. Check all tuition dates and deadlines for each institution and make payment arrangements accordingly. To view the CSU fee schedule click here.

Can I receive financial aid as a partnership student?

Yes. However, you can only receive financial aid from one institution-not both. Cleveland State will process your financial aid based on the number of credit hours you are enrolled in solely at Cleveland State.

If I accept financial aid through Cleveland State, can I use my CSU refund to pay tuition expenses at my partnership school?

Yes. Any funds above the cost of the charges on your CSU bill will be refunded to you. Refunds are given through Direct Deposit.  You may use your refund to pay tuition at your partnership school or for related educational expenses. Please remember that Cleveland State will award financial aid based on the number of credit hours you are enrolled in at CSU.

As a partnership student, can I enroll in Cleveland State courses at another CSU campus?

Yes. As a Cleveland State University student, you may enroll in CSU courses at any of our campus locations.

Where can I purchase my CSU textbooks?

Textbooks are available to purchase at the following locations:

  • Lakeland’s College Bookstore
  • Cleveland State Bookstore website
  • Cleveland State University Bookstore

How can I meet with a Cleveland State academic advisor?

Cleveland State University believes that academic advising is an essential component of academic engagement and success for all of our students.

  • Students already admitted to CSU can schedule an appointment with their college advisor, by calling the Partnership Office at (440) 525-7471.
  • Students interested in CSU, who would like an unofficial Transfer Credit Evaluation, may also call the Partnership Office at (440) 525-7471 to schedule an appointment with the CSU Partnership Coordinator.

Can I participate in Cleveland State graduation ceremonies?

Yes. You have earned your baccalaureate degree from Cleveland State and we encourage you to participate in the CSU graduation ceremonies and celebrate your success!