Uniting social, environmental, and financial assets for innovative advantage
Convened with the Center for Sustainable Business Practices at Cleveland State University’s Monte Ahuja College of Business and the Corporate Sustainability Network, this group of business leaders meets monthly for peer learning about best practices and innovation in corporate and community sustainability. The Corporate Roundtable serves as a neutral, “honest broker,” offering knowledge resources to assist in participants’ exploration of sustainability and what it means for their businesses. Discussion focuses on enhancing economic, environmental and social values through sustainable practices, products, technology, and strategy. Participants who invest in this forum comprise many of the region’s largest national and multi-national corporate citizens who maintain global or division headquarters in Northeast Ohio. The facilitated roundtable discussions explore such topics as sustainable supply chains, corporate sustainability models in use today, and business opportunities in climate-friendly technologies. The Corporate Roundtable is a safe and unique space for our members to learn about effective stakeholder engagement, a key piece to corporate sustainability.
2014-2015 Corporate Roundtable
Becoming a member
in Corporate Roundtable offers access to a large network, access to up to date information, access to high quality programming - and for significantly less than the marketplace dictates. Memberships entitle members to attend all 11 regular season sessions at no additional charge. Parking and meals are included in the membership fee. Members may also be invited to special sessions for free or at greatly reduced rates. Last year's special events included a trip to River's Edge and Progressive, guest speaker Dian Killian and our CRT 10th Anniversary celebration.
Company/ Organizational Memberships
|Attendees per session*
||Company, any size
||Educational, Social, Governmental or Charitable Organization
|4 attendees per session
|3 attendees per session
|2 attendees per session
|1 attendee per session
*Authorized attendees must be employees of your organization, and possess organization specific email addresses.
Individual memberships are available for $275, and the following individuals are eligible:
- Retired professionals
- Individuals who are in career transition
- Full-time university students
Per Session Fees for Non-Members
Individuals who are not members may attend for $40 per session. Parking and meals are included in the event fee.
2014-2015 Corporate Roundtable Schedule (topics are subject to change)
- September 12, 2014 Western Reserve Land Conservancy HQ tour and program on Business Attraction Based on Nature's Principles. RSVP Now!
- October 24, 2014 TEDxClevelandStateUniversity. Join CRT today to win tickets. We will announce the ticket sale date soon.
- November 14, 2014 Place-Based Assets
- December 12, 2014 Natural Capitalism & Natural Step. Models, Examples and Tools.
- January 9, 2015 Climate Change Impacts on NEO Businesses
- February 13, 2015 Conscious Capitalism. Real Companies Profiting from a New Vision of their Place in the Natural World.
- March 20, 2015 Biomimicry at Work. GLBIO Model for Economic Development adn Education in NEO.
- April 17, 2015 Full Cost Accounting and the Sustainable Accounting Standards Board Model.
- May 8, 2015 Water Economy
- June 19, 2015 Leadership Panel. Harmonizing Personal Values and Corporate Values Based on our Connection to Nature.