Welcome to SUCCESS, a page dedicated to noting the successes of the College of Business faculty and staff. With busy schedules and paths that sometimes never cross, it is important that we all know what each other is doing to benefit our professions, departments and students.
- Dr. Ashutosh Dixit, Chair of the Department of Marketing, received the 2013 Distinguished Faculty Award for Service
- Dr. Tracy Porter, Associate Lecturer in the Department of Management, won the 2013 HR Award for HR Student Chapter Advisor of the Year for her work with CSU's chapter of SHRM
- Dr. Elad Granot and Dr. Susan Storrud-Barnes reflect on the Executive MBA Opening Week cook-off event with Heinein's in CSU's ENGAGED blog
- Dr. Sanchita Mal-Sarkar, Associate Lecturer in the Department of Computer and Information Science, received an NSF grant for a project entitled "An Integrative Hands-on Approach to Security Education for Undergraduate Students." She is the PI and Dr. Chansu Yu is the Co-PI
- Dr. Elad Granot, Director of the MBA Programs and Associate Professor of Marketing, was featured on Channel 5 discussing warehouse stores like Costco and the unusual products they sell
- Dr. Mark Holtzblatt and Dr. John Geekie, both of the Department of Accounting, were awarded Honorable Mention for the Mark Chain/AICPA 2013 Teaching Innovation Award from the AICPA and Federation of Schools of Accountancy (FSA) for their research paper "Should Congress Take a Bigger Tax Bite Out of Technology Companies?" They will be invited to present this paper at a special panel session of the 2014 Conference on Teaching and Learning (CTLA) in Accounting preceding the 2014 Annual Meeting of the American Accounting Association in Atlanta, Georgia next August. Additionally, they have been invited to submit the awarded paper for publication to Issues in Accounting Education (IAE), the premier pedagogically oriented accounting journal and an official journal of the American Accounting Association (AAA)
- Associate Dean Dr. Raj Javalgi's paper presentation proposal titled "Understanding the Characteristic and Entrepreneurial Activities of Middle Class Consumers in Emerging Markets: The Case of India" had been accepted for the conference The Middle Class Phenomenon in Emerging Markets, held at Georgia State University September 26-28
- Dr. Andy Gross, Professor in the Department of Marketing, was honored for an incredible 45 years of service to CSU
- Dr. Oya Tukel, Chair of the Department of Operations and Supply Chain Management, received a gift of $10,000 from Parker Hannifin Corporation to be used in support of the OSM department's activities to engage students and the community
- Dr. Santosh Misra, Chair of the Department of Computer and Information Science, and three cross-campus colleagues, will receive an $815,000 grant from NSF to develop a new approach for teaching computer science in high schools
- The Department of Accounting held its annual Meet the Accountants night September 16. This extremely successful event brought 25 Northeast Ohio accounting firms and companies to the College of Business to engage with more than 150 accounting students. Take a look at the recap video
- Dean Mazzola featured in CSU's ENGAGED blog
Have you won an award, received a grant, held a really great event, engaged with the community, took students abroad (just to name a few)? - We want to know! Simply send an email with the details.
As always, thank you for your dedication to your departments, research areas and students.