The Paul J. Everson Center for the Study of Real Estate Brokerage/Agency and Markets was established with a gift from its namesake to support real estate activities in three distinct areas: research, education and community outreach.
The Center's mission is to serve as the leading resource for Cleveland area real estate professionals and students to enhance their knowledge, competence and career opportunities in real estate and brokerage services. The Center strives to achieve these objectives through academic preparation, certificate programs, seminars, continuing education and other support activities.
Currently, the Center has an endowment of about $500,000 and continues to raise additional funds. These funds are used to:
- support the Anthony J. Calabrese Distinguished Real Estate Lecture Series
- fund the Paul J. Everson Real Estate Scholarships
- fund research seminars for faculty throughout the year
- enhance faculty research in real estate.
Each year, the Center further conducts and promotes real estate research by helping faculty obtain grants from outside agencies and organizations.
Distinguished Lecture Series
The Real Estate Research Center sponsors a nationally-known Real Estate expert on campus through the Anthony J. Calabrese Distinguished Real Estate Lecture Series. These experts speak with students, faculty, and industry executives.
Past participants have included:
- Marc G. Louargand, Ph.D., Managing Director of Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers, Inc., headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Raymond G. Torto, Ph.D., Founding Partner of Torto-Wheaton Research
- Jacques N. Gordon, Ph.D., Managing Director of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated
- Glenn Mueller, Ph.D., Director of the Center for the Study of Real Estate Capital Markets at Johns Hopkins University
- Steven P. Laposa, National Director of Real Estate Research at Price Waterhouse.
- Isaac F. Megbologbe, Ph.D., Fannie Mae Foundation
- Kerry D. Vandell, Ph.D., University of Wisconsin at Madison
- Stephen E. Roulac, Ph.D., The Roulac Group Director
The Center is housed in the Monte Ahuja College of Business within the Finance Department and is a part of the Centers for Outreach and Engagement. For additional information, please contact:
|Director:||Dr. Haigang Zhou, Director, Interim Chair of Finance Department|