Here is a list of companies who are currently looking for OSM students. For more information on any of the openings, please contact Dr. Oya Tukel.
The Buyer/Planner develops and deploys the procurement strategy for leveraging commodities and major projects to assure the greatest value for every dollar
spent. Leads the development and execution of North American and global sourcing plans for assigned commodities. Assumes role as the key commercial liaison
to insure continuity of supply, alignment with Operations Planning and Manufacturing, and manage supplier relationships. Conduct effective communications
with external supply chain and internal stakeholders.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
COMPLEXITY OF TASKS:
- Assure material availability to support customer requirements.
- Execute timely acquisition of managed materials and services while achieving best overall value.
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing and buying process.
- Coordinating contract price changes and monitoring of the day-to-day services contracting process.
- Collection of competitive market data, monitor of internal customer needs, and develop tactical and strategic long-term plans.
- Builds and maintains pricing, and supply/demand models to monitor markets and guide strategy.
- Work directly with suppliers and Legal to negotiate terms, execute contracts, and implement changes.
- Interacting regularly with numerous technically oriented internal and external customers to communicate and/or negotiate complex contract and commodity
- Identify and champion Purchase to Pay process improvements consistent with business and internal control objectives.
- Assist mentoring/coaching transactional buyers in technical competencies.
- Demonstrating an advanced understanding of MRP and electronic purchasing and requisitioning systems. Must be able to extract data from Dynamics AX and
the related purchasing and planning systems.
- Collaborate with other purchasing staff to identify and implement purchasing best practices. Interact effectively with manufacturing, engineering,
technical groups, legal, and business teams.
- Provide information as required to facilitate maintenance of kanban cards in all areas. Assist with recognition, and communication of changes in demand
trends to assist proactive adjustments in purchasing and planning activities.
- Maintain accuracy of item master records in Dynamics AX to support efficient planning and procurement activities: lead times, order policies, safety
stock, commodity codes, and item categories.
- Attend all required production meetings and provide timely updates as needed.
- Support accuracy of perpetual inventory system.
- Participate in all assigned projects, cost reduction committees and kaizen events.
- Participate in the development of new procedures and programs.
- Assist engineering change notice implementation.
- Assist in the maintenance of an orderly and professionally appearing work area.
- Abide by all company rules and regulations.
Requires thorough understanding of techniques, practices and procedures related to specific assignment and the ability to make decisions regarding requests
and priorities, and to resolve complex problems. Requires communication skills to interface effectively internally and with suppliers and customers. Duties
are defined in general terms and errors may cause delays, rework and adversely impact programs and schedules.
||Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Management or Operations Management
||5+ strategic procurement and planning experience in an industrial or consumer products OEM environment.|
Proven negotiation skills.
Project Management and/or Supply Chain lead experience desirable.
Well-honed interpersonal skills.
CPM, CPIM, CSCM or CSCP certification a "plus".
||Microsoft Office Suite, extensive experience with MRP scheduling and procurement systems.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa.
Manage deployment of products from production facilities to distribution centers in a cost effective and efficient manner. Accomplish this objective while maintaining customer service levels reducing working capital, minimizing transportation and handling cost and reducing spoils. Be involved in the NCE and NQMS processes.
- Execute deployment of finished goods from Nestlé plants and co-manufacturers to Nestlé distribution centers, in support of Nestlé customer service and efficiency targets.
- Coordinate the deployment of semi finished product (SFP) from Nestlé distribution centers/contract warehouses to Nestlé plants/co-manufacturers in support of plant master production schedules.
- Responsible for reviewing all sales forecasts, customer orders, historical movement, inventory balances, and the creation of all replenishment orders in order to maintain customer service level goals.
- Analyze, evaluate and manage finished good inventory levels at each distribution center consistent with NUSA product availability and APO targets.
- Is responsible for being familiar with freight costs, routings, and transportation lead times in order to make effective decisions in servicing customer orders.
- Manage product freshness, and ultimately spoilage and salvage, through the use of tools with in SAP and Business Objects.
- Manage the SAP purchase order process, including initiation and validation of purchase orders. Each team member is responsible for the reconciliation and resolution of blocked and parked invoices.
- Work cross-functionally on NCE and NQMS initiatives.
- Network daily with respective Nestlé Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing team members to gain insight into present and future business drivers.
- Actively manage and lead process improvement opportunities for your respective DC's.
- Is responsible for creating delivery notes for all orders shipping the following day in order for the warehouse to prepare confirmed orders for picking, staging and shipping.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
College degree or equivalent experience preferred. Must have ability to work with customers at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally to be a true team player.
3 years background in Distribution Planning and/or manufacturing/distribution is preferred, will consider entry level.
- Decision making abilities as well as being assertive.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to learn and operate a computer base interactive deployment system.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel. Familiar with Microsoft Access and SAP preferred.
Nestle USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment. EOE M/F/D/V.
Please ensure you have applied for this job (see job # above) by visiting www.nestleusa.com/careers and please ensure you send me a WORD document of your resume.
This position will support the NPFC Frozen-Meals business directly reporting to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Develop timely short, intermediate, and long-term production plans for Nestle and non-Nestle frozen manufacturing facilities while working closely with Demand Planning, Distribution, Purchasing and Plant Production control personnel.
- Manage finished goods inventory, by sku, at a level that satisfies the company customer service objectives, while maximizing freshness and minimizing inventory, production, transportation and warehousing costs.
- Review finished goods inventory data on a regular basis and advise Supply Chain personnel of any critical supply issues that could result in potential customer service problems.
- Communicates closely with Division Network Sourcing to determine where products will run and how to best utilize equipment and capacity.
- Make necessary adjustments to short-term and intermediate schedules on a daily basis, reacting to market demands.
- Participates and/or represents department in divisional task force workgroups.
- Develop and lead short term projects related to capacity studies, cost savings initiatives, and other Ensure Supply objectives related to supply planning.
- Create and maintain reporting to all levels of the organization that summarizes inventory levels, capacity, service level and all related issues that support these key performance indicators.
- Work with and through the Purchasing group to resolve scheduling constraints and raw material availability to support current manufacturing plans.
- Communicate and work closely with all Supply Chain groups in order to support Sales & Marketing objectives.
- All other duties as assigned by Nestle Management.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a Supply Chain Management field, Industrial Engineering or Business related field.
- APICS certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years production planning and/or supply chain experience.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access software.
- Able to work in an empowered team environment.
- Must have excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
College degree preferred in Logistics/Operations. MBS a plus
Experience in Supply Chain or operations area. Experience in deployment and or transportation a plus
Excellent analytical skills required. Proficiency in Excel, Access, and BW reporting. Must be able to demonstrate a history of sound interpersonal, communication and analytical skills. Aptitude and desire to manage analytical details and have proven methods to stay organized is critical to the success. Must be able to handle the pressures of a dynamic area by handling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work with various cross functional teams.
Nestle USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment. EOE M/F/D/V.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Manage production facilities and personnel with the end result of improved efficiency and productivity. The successful manager ensures the efficient coordination of manufacturing activities by organizing and allocating resources and people.
This role serves as liaison between senior management and manufacturing, coordinating with other functions such as sales, accounting, purchasing, IT, inventory control, and distribution to unify the organization in its efforts to become best in the industry.
We support local hiring and do not offer relocation services with this position.
- Creating and maintaining product bill of materials, work instructions, routing steps, process standards, and tooling.
- Developing and maintaining a tool and machine maintenance schedule.
- Implementing a safety standard to comply with OSHA or other regulatory agencies.
- Direct reports include 5 manufacturing supervisory associates.
- Short term production planning
- Strategic long-term goals for improving efficiency and quality.
- Motivate associates to meet and exceed goals.
- Analyze and plan workforce utilization and workflow.
- Process review and improvement planning: improve productivity, process repeatability cycle time and costs.
- Implement an effective quality control program to analyze root cause issues and corrective action steps.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Process, or Industrial Engineering
- Experience: Experience in a manufacturing facility that has implemented quality improvement and Lean manufacturing, MRP planning, and ERP systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment with Executives, Shop associates, Purchasing, Production management, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma knowledge
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
[Return to Top]
Click here to view this job's description.
[Return to Top]
Career building opportunity to join a fast growing successful national industrial supply company. We are seeking inexperienced college grads who excel at building relationships, finding and closing new opportunities, networking and interacting with people who possess excellent listening, verbal and non-verbal communication skills. Extensive training program provided.
You should be a self-starter, tenacious, resilient, hard worker, self-confident, goal-oriented, highly motivated, a high achiever, internally driven to succeed, passionate, outgoing, and be energized by constantly meeting new people. You should work well independently as well as being a part of a team and enjoy the challenge of turning opportunities into achievements.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and focus on top priority tasks
- Willing to travel 75% of the time within a 2-hour drive
- Must also be willing to relocate
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Computer skills
- Strong MS Office skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Internet skills
- Strong phone presence
- Sales aptitude
- Strong desire to build a B2B sales career
- Experience with sales, prospecting, business development a plus.
Successful employees can expect to work hard in competitive, supportive, and energizing environment with upward career mobility available.
Attractive base salary plus commission with benefits and potential to earn six-figure income within 2-3 years.
About us: IDG is a Leading National Industrial Distributor of Metal Working & Plant Operation products. Our Sales Associates are knowledgeable and experienced in selling both products and Supply Chain Solutions. Our suite of supply chain solutions embodies our specialized supply chain knowledge in product procurement, inventory management, product application, and process improvements. We currently provide solutions for over 600 global companies and institutions.
For immediate consideration, please forward resume to email@example.com
[Return to Top]
Garick, LLC - Posted April 23, 2012
Supply Chain / Logistics Specialist -- Cleveland, Ohio
POSITION MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors Degree within the areas of Business Operations, including Supply Chain or Logistics
- Minimum of 2 years experience within the logistics/ transportation field
- 2 years exp dispatching trucks and negotiating rates
IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY
- Within our associates, we are looking at these core competencies: Action Oriented, Customer Focused, Timely Decision-making (and has "the Edge") and Managing Through Systems
- Additionally, person must be able to work while possessing the following additional traits: Informing and Communicating, possessing, Integrity and Trustworthiness, can Motivating and Energizing Others, Build Effective Teams, Drives for Results and Executes, has Time Management, can Plan and Problem Solve and can Manage and Measure work
- Computers: Proficiency with WORD and EXCEL and be able to learn new applications quickly. A large part of this job requires working with computers and various in-house software. The person must be able to be use and become quickly familiar with various internet websites and search engines
- Can handle a hectic schedule and can prioritize accordingly
As a member of the Supply Chain Team at Garick, your responsibilities will include:
- Communicate with trucking companies and customers regarding deliveries.
- Optimize all trucking moves using best management practices and continuous improvement.
- Ensure product arrives in a timely, safe manner while making the process appear seamless to the customer.
- § Build and maintain relationships with customers and key accounts by learning key contacts, asking for additional orders, following up on orders, addressing customer issues and providing information about our products and programs.
Compensation: As part of the Garick experience, we provide a competitive salary plus performance-based incentives, a comprehensive benefit package, and a Drug-Free Workplace. Garick is a leading manufacturer and distributor of natural resource products servicing the landscape, recreation, lawn, garden and construction industries. Garick's product lines include Paygro™ mulches, soils, Kids Karpet™ playground surfacing, natural stone, decorative stone, hydroseed mulches, grower's mixes and lightweight aggregates.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check required. Garick, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY: please submit your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put "SUPPLY CHAIN 2" in the subject line
[Return to Top]