A Message From The APICS Advisor
Supply Chain Management (SCM) is a rapidly growing and developing field that offers a variety of career opportunities. Membership and participation in CSU’s student chapter of APICS helps to prepare you for a career in operations management and SCM through our active relationship with the Cleveland APICS chapter. By interacting with professionals that are currently working in the field, you can enhance your understanding of the current topics and developing trends in SCM.
CSU’s APICS chapter also provides learning outside of the classroom through: guest speakers; tours of local facilities; attendance at APICS Professional Development Meetings; student case competitions; and regional and national APICS conferences. Additional learning opportunities exist through a range of courses and professional certifications provided through APICS. These certifications are widely recognized throughout the industry and help students to distinguish themselves as they enter the job market and during their professional careers. The certifications are:
If you have an interest in SCM, or if you are currently majoring in Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSM), we hope you will consider joining CSU’s APICS chapter. Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (216.687.4834), or the OSM department at email@example.com (216.687.4740), with any questions or to receive information on current APICS events. Click here to download the CSU APICS Brochure.
APICS builds and validates knowledge in supply chain and operations management. We enable our community of members, affiliates and customers to lead in the global marketplace. In today's fast-paced business environment, thousands of operations management professionals join APICS to:
- gain the necessary certifications to stay vital in their field.
- receive up-to-the-minute industry news from award-winning publications.
- leverage members-only savings on educational offerings, certification programs, and
career development resources.
- network with operations management professionals around the globe to share best
practices, proven methodologies and more.
For more than 50 years, APICS - the association for Operations Management, has been the global leader and premier source of the body of knowledge in operations management, including production, inventory, supply chain, materials management, purchasing, and logistics. Since 1957, individuals and companies have relied on APICS for its superior training, internationally recognized certifications, comprehensive resources, and worldwide network of accomplished industry professionals.
Our mission is to continue as the premier provider of resource management education in the greater Cleveland area. The Cleveland Chapter is dedicated to enhancing individual & organizational success by inspiring lifelong learning. One of our major goals is to enhance the perceived value of the APICS body of knowledge to our members, future members and local businesses. This will be accomplished by providing excellent instructors for our CPIM certification classes as well as the new Fundamentals courses. The superior education we will offer will help maintain our current membership numbers and position ourselves for growth.
APICS Student Membership Benefits and Requirements
APICS student membership empowers you to experience a community of more than 3,200 other APICS student members. With APICS student membership, you will:
- meet and network with experienced professionals.
- earn recognition for outstanding student contributions in membership, volunteerism, and leadership.
- benefit from the APICS Scholars Education Program sponsored by the Educational and Research (E&R) Foundation.
- save an additional $25 on each APICS CPIM exam.
APICS student membership gives you access to:
- the complete e-membership benefit package, including access to educational
online resources. For more information, click here.
- local training and networking opportunities.
- award-winning publications and discounts on APICS products and services.
Join CSU APICS
Download the student application
or apply online
. The printable application should be faxed to (773) 639-3067 or dropped of to the OSM department.
Membership eligibility requirements:
- You must be enrolled at an accredited college or university.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours and have a 2.5 GPA.
- Your APICS membership remains active even if you change schools and is valid for one full year.
- APICS national membership is $25.
- To join APICS at CSU, fill out the application found in the OSM Department (BU 539).
Connect with the CSU APICS Student Chapter