- The Northeast Ohio Human Resource Planning Society (NOHRPS) is a professional organization open to senior-level human resource practitioners and consultants. The NOHRPS Intern is responsible for raising awareness and membership of NOHRPS. This will be done by researching organizations in Northeast Ohio and contacting the top Human Resource professional at those organizations. The Intern will also work with Marketing to assist in developing a new brand and communicating them to the social media market. Here is the internship info.
- Human Resources Internship at Cleveland Foundation. The human resources intern will report to the director of human resources with daily supervision provided by the human resources manager. The incumbent will work approximately 15-30 hours per week with availability on Fridays and during school breaks, including summer, preferred. The intern role is designed to expose and challenge junior or senior level students pursuing a degree in human resources or a related field to all facets of non-profit human resources administration. Attached is a copy of the internship description.
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has a developmental position for a Human Resource Manager for our Tire Proving Grounds in San Angelo, TX. We are looking for someone with only 2-3 years of experience in the HR field and is willing to stay in San Angelo for 2-3 years and then move to another facility or our corporate office in Akron, Ohio for career development. Attached is a copy of the internship description
- Cliffs Natural Resources has a corporate strategy internship this Summer for one or two exceptional students. If interested, please send a message to Mike Penny (our MLRHR alumnus) who works in HR at Cliffs. Click here for more information.
- The Center For Families And Children is beginning recruitment for Spring Internships running from January through May. We are interested in your talented students to fill our Human Resources Internship. We are hoping you will be able to recommend some of your students for this position and also pass it along to qualified candidates. Attached, you will find the position description, information about the Center For Families And Children, and also information about our Intern Program. Recently our program won, Best New Internship Program in Northeast Ohio by NEOintern and NOCHE. Please feel free to contact me if you or your students have any questions. Any interested applicants should send a resume to email@example.com.
- Global Technical Recruiters (a staffing agency), is looking for more interns! This is a paid internship, and the intern will be performing tasks such as scanning resumes, calling in possible employees, conducting interviews, writing ads, and other various recruiting duties. The intern will work about 20-25 hours per week, but they are extremely flexible! They are very willing to factor in your class schedule and work around your availability. If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, Global Technical Recruiters is listed on Cleveland State’s careerline website for additional information.
- The Cleveland Foundation is looking for an HR intern. They would pay $12 per hour and hope that the candidate could work 10-15 hours during the school year and 30 or so hours over breaks and summers. They are looking to keep an intern anywhere from a semester to up to a year for the right person. Attached is a copy of the internship description.
- Bowden Manufacturing is currently accepting applications for 2-3 intern postions at this time (Oct. 2011). Attached is a copy of the internship description. This internship is available to all buisness majors.
- Summer opportunities at the U of Pittsburgh Medical Center: Financial Management Rotation (FMR) Program and Corporate Services Summer Associates Program positions are now posted on www.upmc.com. Additional information is available below and on http://www.upmc.com/careersatupmc/student.
UPMC Campus Programs Opportunities
Financial Management Rotation (FMR) Program
Undergraduate students with a May 2011, January 2012, or June 2012 graduation date; majors in finance, accounting, economics or a related field; 3.40 GPA strongly preferred
Finance Summer Associates Program
Undergraduate students majoring in finance, accounting, economics or a related field; 3.40 GPA strongly preferred
Supply Chain Management Summer Associates Program
Undergraduate or graduate students majoring a field related to supply chain management; 3.00 GPA strongly preferred
ISD Summer Associates Program
We are looking for a variety of students – our opportunities vary between highly technical programming and more communication oriented project management. Undergraduate or graduate students of all majors (a major in information services, information technology is preferred); 3.00 GPA strongly preferred
Quality and Process Improvement Summer Associates Program
Undergraduate or graduate students majoring in industrial engineering, communications, business or a related field; 3.00 GPA strongly preferred
HR Summer Associates Program
Undergraduate or graduate students majoring in human resources, labor relations, communication, marketing, business or a related field; 3.00 GPA strongly preferred
Marketing and Communications Summer Associates Program
Undergraduate or graduate students majoring in communication, marketing, professional writing, journalism, media relations, business or a related field; 3.00 GPA strongly preferred
Contact: Pam Coudriet
Program Manager, Human Resources l UPMC Corporate Services
US Steel Building, 600 Grant Street, 56-W119
(P) 412/420-5917 l (F) 412/647-8787 l email@example.com