Consider the Partner Firm Internship Program to add "real-world" experience to your Marketing or International Business major.
The Partner Firm Internship Program (internship for credit) is seeking to match pre-screened, high-quality marketing and international business students with high profile and/or high-growth Cleveland companies in a positive internship experience. Qualified student will assist companies with their marketing / international business needs, while gaining valuable experience outside the classroom and earning college credit (INB490/MKT490).
Student Minimum Requirements
- Students will be marketing or international business majors of junior or senior standing
- For marketing internships: students will have completed at least two marketing courses prior to the internship including MKT420 (Consumer Behavior) and MKT431 (Marketing Research) so that they will have a solid foundation of marketing knowledge
- For international business internships: students will have completed at least two international business courses prior to the internship including INB301/MKT321 (International Business) and one INB core elective so that they will have a solid foundation of international business knowledge
- Be pre-screened by the CSU Department of Marketing to ensure they meet minimum requirements, including a GPA of at least 2.75 and availability of at least 20-25 hours per week. Work schedule, including exact number of hours each week, can be arranged directly with employer so long as all required work hours are completed during the course of the semester
- Students will earn 3-4 credit hours (see below), upon successful completion of the program and payment for the course
- Students will complete a short application, submit a resume and at least one letter of recommendation in order to be considered for this program
- The content of the work will be focused on either marketing or international business
- To complete the course for 3 credit hours, a total of 225 hours must be worked. To complete the course for 4 credit hours, a total of 300 hours must be worked. All hours worked must be completed between May 2014 and August 8, 2014. Schedule of hours will be determined by the client company and the student
- Since the students are contributing a significant amount of hours, these are paid internships. Pay rates will be negotiated on a case by case basis but will average between $10-$15 per hour
The Selection Process
- All qualified applications will be reviewed by a faculty committee for all open positions. While the students can identify their preference, every effort will be made to make the best match between student and company
- A list of students recommended by the committee will be presented to client companies. Companies will interview candidates with the intention of hiring one for the term outlined above. If they find a candidate who meets their needs they will make an offer. However, if they do not find a candidate who meets their needs, they are not committed to hiring one
- Companies will provide input on learning objectives for the internship, in addition to a mid-term and final evaluation of the student. Final grades will be given by the faculty sponsor and will combine company evaluation and faculty review of written work submitted by student
By participating, you will gain invaluable knowledge and experience that can only be found in a professional setting. If you have questions, please call the Department of Marketing at 216-687-4771 or visit BU 460.
Download International Business Information Sheet
International Business Application
Download Marketing Information Sheet