Welcome to the Monte Ahuja Freshman Sophomore Business Association
The purpose of the Monte Ahuja Freshman Sophomore Business Association is to offer Monte Ahuja freshmen and sophomores academic, social and professional support. The Association will offer early exposure to various areas within the business world, explore majors within Monte Ahuja and related business careers, as well as provide professional networking opportunities and learn how to build business skills.
The mission of the FSBA is to help Monte Ahuja first and second year students prepare for challenging Junior and Senior level business course work, stay on track toward graduation and prepare for life after graduation regarding career goals or post-undergraduate studies.
- Professional - Help students develop business skills outside the classroom with professional networking development and career exploration events
- Scholar - Provide academic and educational support to help students successfully move toward a degree from the Monte Ahuja College of Business
- Social – Fun events both on and off campus while learning more about business issues and your fellow FSBA members
- Guidance - To help young business students develop leadership skills
Reasons to join:
There are many direct benefits to bring a member of the FSBA
- Scholarships - Take advantage of scholarships offered exclusively to FSBA members
- Book Loan program - Exclusive program for FSBA members
- Greater Cleveland Business Professional Lunch Networking Program - A Greater Cleveland business professional will buy lunch for FSBA members and discuss timely business issues and how to develop business skills outside the classroom. Exclusive program for FSBA members
- Academic support services – Exclusive for FSBA members
- Build relationships with other first and second year business students
- Learn about other College of Business organizations
- Attend various Greater Cleveland Business related events and conferences
- General Networking Opportunities - Meet CSU business alumni and corporate employers
Yearly Activities will include:
Professional Workshops : Business and CSU speakers provide advice on topics ranging from interview skills, to resume writing, business etiquette, and academic support skills
FSBA Backpack to Briefcase Career Exploration Conference
Corporate Presentations : Greater Cleveland Business representatives will talk about opportunities available within their companies, as well as discuss important business topics.
Company Field Trips : Visit various businesses in Greater Cleveland
Socials : FSBA Welcome event, FSBA Midterm Help Week, FSBA Wrap Up Event
Contact Information: Please send an email to FSBA@csuohio.edu