If you want to become a Fund Manager for SMIF, please fill out this downloadable application here.
The Key Bank Student-Managed Investment Fund (SMIF) at the Monte Ahuja College of Business is managed by a select group of qualified accounting and finance majors and MBA students. Student-Managed Investment Funds (SMIFs) are recognized for their value in teaching students about critical aspects of investment analysis, investment decision-making and portfolio management.
- The investment policy of the SMIF is to purchase long positions in Stocks and ETFs:
- Equity positions consists of only S&P 500 Companies
- Cannot hold positions in derivatives or high-yield instruments
- The investment seeks to replicate the weighting of S&P 500 sectors within 4%. Investments will be no less that 2% or more than 10% of the overall fund.
- The Key Foundation created the fund through a $150,000 donation. The Monte Ahuja College of Business and the Cleveland State University Foundation matched Key’s funding, which brought the total initial investment in the Fund to $300,000.
For the list of current and past Fund Managers,click here.