An MBA degree (or the equivalent) is required, including a strong background in marketing theory, marketing practices, and marketing research. More specifically, a candidate should have completed the following courses (or their equivalents):
- MKT 501 Marketing Management (3 credits)
- MKT 601 Marketing Strategy (3 credits)
- MKT 531/702 Marketing Research (3 credits)
Four graduate-level electives:
- MKT 603/703 Buyer Behavior
- MKT 604/704 Strategic and Tactical Marketing
- MKT 607/707 Product Management
- OSM 733 Multivariate Statistical Methods
The doctoral degree requires a minimum of sixty-four semester credit hours (forty-four hours of courses, twenty hours of doctoral research) with a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Participation in DBA classes limited only to those students admitted to the DBA program, ensuring the highest caliber peer group in the classroom.
DBA Core Courses
- Multivariate Statistical Methods
- Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Business Research: Analysis and Applications
- Seminar on Business Teaching Methods
- MKT 800 Doctoral Seminar in Measurement & Scaling (3 credits)
- MKT 801 Doctoral Seminar in Marketing Theory (3 credits)
- MKT 802 Doctoral Seminar in Global Marketing (3 credits)
- MKT 803 Doctoral Seminar in Marketing Strategy (3 credits)
- MKT 804 Doctoral Seminar in Multivariate Techniques in Marketing (3 credits)
- MKT 805 Doctoral Seminar in Consumer Behavior (3 credits)
- MKT 891 Doctoral Research in Marketing (variable credit)
- MKT 895 Dissertation Research Seminar (3 credits)
- MKT 896 Current Problems in Marketing (1-4 credits)
- MKT 899 Dissertation (1-12 credits)
See the Graduate Catalog for details and course descriptions on the Doctoral program in Marketing.
Every three years students are admitted to the program in a cohort group. You will complete the DBA program with the same group of students with whom you begin. This approach, with an emphasis on collaboration, sustains motivation through peer support throughout the program.
Applications are not being accepted for 2016 until further notice.
For More Information
Contact the DBA program at email@example.com or 216.687.4889 and ask for Jessica Spiker.