Globalization, the rise of international activities of small-and-medium sized firms, and growing interdependence of national economies, are creating greater opportunities for a career in global business education. The Doctorate degree in Global Business integrates a contemporary curriculum, faculty scholarship, students’ work experiences to teach you to think more creatively and entrepreneurially.
An MBA degree (or the equivalent) is required.
DBA Core Courses
- Multivariate Statistical Methods
- Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Business Research: Analysis and Applications
- Seminar on Business Teaching Methods
Global Business Core Courses
Global Business is one of five specialized tracks within the DBA program. In the Global Business track the courses will be covered in the following areas:
- OSM 733 Doctoral Seminar in Multivariate Statistical Methods
- MKT 800 Doctoral Seminar in Measurement and Scaling
- MKT 802 Doctoral Seminar in Global Business Strategy
- Doctoral Seminar in International/Global Business Theories
- OSM 724 Global Operations Management
- MKT 708 Global Marketing
- MGT 721 Multinational Management
- FIN 721 International Financial Management
- MKT 702 Marketing Research
- DBA 720 Seminar on Business Teaching Methods
- IST 802 Other Related Advanced Seminar Topics/Courses (e.g., Global Knowledge Management)
Comprehensive Examination: Upon completion of formal course work, the student must demonstrate competence in their field by passing a required comprehensive examination. The written examination is prepared and graded by the Graduate Faculty on the Doctoral Committee.
Defense of the Dissertation Proposal: Upon completion of the course work and passing the comprehensive examination, the student prepares the dissertation proposal in his/her area of interest.
Dissertation Defense: Upon successful completion of the dissertation, the student makes an oral presentation and defense of the dissertation to his/her committee and the College of the Business Faculty.
See the Graduate Catalog for details and course descriptions on the Doctoral program in Global Business.