Principal; Cowden, Humphrey, Nargoney & Lovett Co., LPA
Frank Nagorney is a principal with the law firm of Cowden & Humphrey Co. LPA, Cleveland, Ohio.
His practice focuses on (1) business and tax planning for growing businesses, including international trade, tax and finance, (2) Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy and reorganization for financially troubled individuals and businesses, (3) mergers and acquisitions, investment banking, SEC, and commercial lending, (4) urban redevelopment and financing for FHA, HUD and SBA projects, including historic, low income and new market tax credits.
Mr. Nagorney also advises on multi-media environmental
compliance and 501(c) (3) tax exempt organizations and foundations. He is a frequent lecturer at seminars for succession, estate and insurance planning.
Mr. Nagorney is a 1975 graduate of the New York University School of Law and also holds a B.S. in Accounting from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.
Mr. Nagorney serves as a mentor for entrepreneurs in the COSE (Council of Smaller Enterprises) strategic planning course which is offered every year by the Greater Cleveland Growth Association. He served as a counsel to the United States Fencing Association, the national governing body for the sport of fencing.
Recent projects include:
- venture capital development for biomedical company;
- project development in India for steel operations;
- licensing of pharmaceutical products;
- structured split up of private manufacturing company;
- historic and new market tax credit financing;
- Chapter 11 reorganization and debtor in possession financing;
- and structuring of highly paid executive compensation.