Cleveland State University students serve as America Reads Tutors for elementary age children Cleveland area schools and libraries. Both Work Study and Non-Work Study positions are available. All majors are welcome. To qualify as an American Reads Tutor, students must:
- Be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Complete an application and the interview process.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Attend mandatory, paid training sessions.
- Be punctual, reliable, and an exceptional role model.
- Provide own transportation to and from tutoring sites.
Download the application in MS Word format. Applications are also available at our campus location in the Career Success Network (formally known as the Career Services Center), located in Rhodes Tower West, Room 280.