The Cleveland State University Alumni Association has created this site especially for alumni who have received their degree within the past 10 years. As graduates of the last decade (GOLD), you are an important part of the CSU alumni family! Here you will find links and information specifically relevant to your post-college life.
The Alumni Association understands that you are trying to adjust to the “real world” and put your degree to work for you. Staying connected to your alma mater will not only benefit and strengthen Cleveland State, but it will also enrich your life. So check out the site, and please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.
A complete guide to everything you need to know to take advantage of the great opportunities the Alumni Association provides you as a graduate. Download the Alumni Guide now!
Alumni Annual Events
- Reunion Celebration: Held during Homecoming Weekend, this brunch honors 5, 10, 25, and 50 year anniversaries.
- Distinguished Alumni Awards: Held annually to recognize alumni accomplishments and contributions to the university.
- Viking Night Out: Typically held monthly during the school year, these social events are a casual and fun way to reconnect with old friends and meet new ones.
- Do-Gooder Day: CSU’s annual day of service for students, alumni, and staff held in the spring.
- Make A Difference Day: CSU’s annual day of service for students, alumni, and staff held in the fall.
- Almost Alumni Dinners: Held four times during the school year, these etiquette dinners offer current students the opportunity to network with alumni while discussing a topic related to their life after graduation.
- Holiday Hoops: Cheer on the CSU Vikings men’s basketball team at this annual event held in December.
- CSU Alumni Association Graduation Party: Celebrate the success of our graduates and meet members of the CSU Alumni Association at this annual event held in late April or early May.
Check out the complete alumni calendar of events for more details.
If you have any questions about GOLD programming or have an idea for an event, contact Kathleen Kulik, Coordinator of Young Alumni Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in Touch
The CSU Alumni Association wants to hear from you. Contact us with information updates, announcements, and professional or personal accomplishments. Submit information now!
Being Smart With Money
CashCourse is a web resource designed for young professionals with answers to basic budget questions. Click here for more information.
How to Get Involved: Share Your Expertise
The CSU Alumni Association welcomes the participation of volunteers in leadership and supporting roles. If you are interested in volunteering or hosting an alumni program please explore the available opportunities.
Making a contribution to the Cleveland State University Annual Fund not only provides educational accessibility for students, but also ensures institutional excellence that will maintain the reputation of your degree. We understand that as a graduate of the last decade money can be tight with student loan payments, a new job, new adult purchases, and maybe even graduate school. The good news is that you don’t have to give a lot to make an impact. Why not start by celebrating you? Donate in honor of your class year, for example $20.13 for those that graduated in 2013. That’s less than you probably spend for a night out on the town, so why not give back.
A Course in Viking 4 Life Lingo
When referring to yourself or a group of fellow graduates, use the following…
- Alumni – a group of men and women (co-eds) who attended or graduated from a particular school, college, or university
- Alumnae – a group of females who attended or graduated from a particular school, college, or university
- Alumnus – a male who attended or graduated from a particular school, college, or university
- Alumna – a female who attended or graduated from a particular school, college, or university