Follow the CSUAA on Foursquare...
Sign up for this FREE service and have access to
giveaways and prizes courtesy of the Cleveland State University Alumni Association!
What is Foursquare?
Foursquare is a mobile application that is a cross between a friend-finder, a social city-guide, and a game that encourages users to explore their neighborhoods and rewards them for doing so. For more information, please visit http://foursquare.zendesk.com/home.
What do I need?
A computer, a cell phone, and a desire to stay connected with Cleveland State University as an alumna/alumnus!
How do I sign up?
- Go to www.foursquare.com and click “JOIN NOW”
- Fill out your information and submit – it’s that simple!
How do I check in?
You must be present at a Cleveland State University Alumni Association event to participate.
- Open up your cell phone web browser when you arrive at the event.
- Go to www.foursquare.com/mobile and sign in using the cell phone number you provided at registration and your password.
- Click “Check-in” and type in venue where the CSUAA event is being held.
- Add an optional shout-out, e.g. “I’m at TGIF CSU Night Out!”
- Click Check-in!
- Show your check-in to a CSUAA representative.
- iPhone, iPod Touch, and Droid users can download a Foursquare app for FREE on their device.
- You have the option to link your Foursquare account with a Facebook and/or Twitter account, which simultaneously allows your friends and followers to know that you are at a Cleveland State University Alumni Association-sponsored event!
What happens now?
The Cleveland State University Alumni Association will monitor users who have checked in at our events throughout the academic year.
Will I receive any benefits and/or prizes?
YES! As the semester progresses, we will offer specials at events in which alumni are invited to attend. As a Foursquare user, you are free to monitor these specials on our venue website, https://foursquare.com/user/2768251.
The GRAND PRIZE will be for the Viking who checks in to the most CSUAA events at the end of the 2011-2012 academic year!