Admission to PSEOP is selective and based on the student's high school grade performance and the SAT and/or ACT examination scores. Students who are admitted to PSEOP are eligible to enroll in courses for both high school and college credit. Once enrolled at Cleveland State, PSEOP students are held to the same standards as regular undergraduate students and must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 to continue in the program.
You will need the following information to complete the application process for the Post-Secondary Options Program:
- Download and print application form (including Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Official High School Transcript
- Official ACT and/or SAT test scores if not posted on high school transcript (PLAN and PSAT scores will be accepted)
- A $30 non-refundable application fee (Students will only pay one application fee to Cleveland State and will not be charged an application fee when they apply to pursue a bachelor’s degree)
Ninth grade participants must also include:
- Two letters of recommendation. One from a guidance counselor and one from a teacher which indicate strong academic skills and the maturity to function on a college campus.
- Student essay answering the following question: Why do you want to participate in the PSEO Program? Include an explanation of what you hope to accomplish at Cleveland State University (300-600 words).
Return Application Packet to:Cleveland State University
Office of the University Registrar - Application Processing
2121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115-2214