The following admission requirements apply to students who have not completed any college-level course work after graduating from high school or earning the GED. High school students with post-secondary course work are considered incoming freshmen.
Students must meet all of the following minimum requirements.
- Completed application form with a $30 non-refundable application fee drawn on U.S dollars, payable to Cleveland State University. Application fees cannot be waived or deferred.
- Official transcripts of academic work and completion certificates from each secondary school and university attended. PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. If transcripts are not in English, please include an official/certified English translation of the original documents.
- Proof of having met at least one of the English language proficiency requirements. CSU offers students the following choices to prove English language proficiency.
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better. www.csuohio.edu/ce/ielp/
- Meet the current score requirements on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - 525 (Paper Based Exam) or 65 Internet Based Exam (with minimum of 14 in sections). Only official test scores received directly from the testing authority (ETS) will be considered valid (www.ets.org).
- Pass the IELTS test (International English Language Testing System) with a minimum score of 6.0 (www.ielts.org).
- Pass the iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency) with a score of 5.0.
- Achieve a score of C (Pass) or better on the 'O' (ordinary) Level or 'A' (advanced) Level of the General Certificate of Education. Scores must be no more than 2 years old.
- Achieve a score of C (Pass) or better on the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE).
- Completion of English language studies (Level 112) from any of the ELS Language Centers (www.els.com).
- Completion of English Composition 1 and 2, at a 'C' level or better, equivalent to the CSU freshman English requirements at a regionally accredited college or university.
- Official ACT or SAT Test results are required ONLY of students that are first-year (freshman) applying to the Honor's Program, student athletes who must comply with NCAA eligibility requirements, and those who have attended a US high school or secondary school in another country that follows the US high school curriculum.
- Official financial statements and supporting documents showing sufficient funds are available for at least the first academic year. PHOTOCOPIES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. No Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or DS2019) will be issued without evidence of sufficient financial support.
If you have questions about the University's admission requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.