Welcome to the Exploratory Advising Office!
Making a decision about your academic major is an important and not always easy task. It is not unusual for students to enter college without an intended academic major, or for students to change their intended major during the course of their undergraduate career.
Exploratory Advising Services, Support and Resources
Students who are advised in the Exploratory Advising Office can expect to receive a variety of services and support to assist them in their search and ultimate selection of an appropriate academic major which encompasses their academic interests, skills, and goals. Those services and resources include:
- Learning and understanding academic requirements, including General Education (GenEd) and college requirements
- Assistance with course selection and registration
- Referrals to appropriate University resources as needed
- Monitoring of academic progress of students and intervention and assistance for students in academic distress
- Major and career exploration opportunities
- Petition and graduation application assistance
- Assistance with the assimilation to University life
Academic Advising Services Links